ShenZhen Botaish Technology Co.,Ltd

Avoid misuse of the patch panel

The widespread use of household appliances has directly led to the popularity of patch panels, but the correct use of patch panels has often been overlooked. According to the survey data of the public security department, the fires caused by the short circuit of the power strips, switches and circuit breakers in China from 2004 to 2017 accounted for almost 30% of the total number of fires in these years. Therefore, the correct use of the power strips cannot be ignored.

1 patch panel position is too low

Many homes feel too high and unsightly when installing the patch panel, and they will be installed in a lower concealed position. However, Dr. Xia Dong of the Institute of Electrical Engineering of the Chinese Academy of Sciences said that it is easy to cause water to splash into the patch panel when mopping the floor, resulting in leakage accidents. According to the industry regulations, the wall-mounted patch panels should be no less than 1.8 meters from the ground; the concealed patch panels should not be less than 0.3 meters from the ground. The kitchen and bathroom wiring boards should be more than 1.5 meters above the ground, and the air conditioning power strips should be at least 2 meters.

2 patch panel wires are free to install

The copper wire cross section must be used for the power leads. If you live in an old house, be sure to replace the original aluminum wire with a copper wire. Because the aluminum wire is easily oxidized, the joint is easy to catch fire. There have been surveys showing that the incidence of electrical fires in residential buildings using aluminum wires is several times that of copper wires. In addition, many families use the method of slotted and buried pipes for aesthetics. Xia Dong reminds that the wiring must follow the principle of “fire line into the switch, zero line into the lamp head”, and also set on the power strip. Leakage protection device.

3 patch panels lack protection

There are often water and fumes in the kitchen and bathroom. Therefore, it is better to install a splash-proof box or a plastic baffle on the panel of the power strip to prevent short circuit caused by oil and water vapor intrusion. For families with children, in order to prevent children from touching with fingers or metal objects, you need to use a safety patch panel with a safety shield.

4 multiple appliances share the same patch panel

This practice can overload the appliance and cause a fire. High-power appliances such as air conditioners, washing machines, range hoods, etc., preferably use separate power strips. In general, it is best to install 4 sets of patch panels in the bedroom, a set of 2.5 square meters in the living room, and a set of 1.2 square meters in the kitchen.

5 private pull the power line is serious

For the convenience of many ordinary people, "airborne" self-made charging line charging bottle car, there are many people because the original wire is not long enough, the old wire in the house is cut, wrapped around five or six wiring boards, wrapped with insulating tape, extending to the end The building caused serious fire hazards.

Address:2/F.No.2 Building,Guangyu Industrial Park,Guangchang three road ,Huangtian,Xixiang Street, Bao'an,Shenzhen.